Saturday, September 3, 2011

Threat of the day: Spencer & Braswell retrospective edition

I was looking back at the history of the online reaction to the Spencer & Braswell paper, which has been so thoroughly exposed as worthless and dishonest that the editor that published it has now resigned in disgrace. Amongst the backslapping at WUWT, I came across this:

Enneagram says:
August 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Don´t you think “they”are in urgent need of a “feedback”, a direct hit on the plexus would work? :-)


Classy. That comment can be read in the context of another a ways further down:

JER0ME says:
August 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Loved the book, Dr Spencer, and I am sure I shall find the article fascinating, although much may go over my head.

I would also be very interested to see the history of the single hostile reviewer, should you feel able to release this information (and I fully understand if you are either unable or unwilling).

I also agree with Amino Acids: “This question occurs to me: where are the works validating positive feedback?”


Even in their moment of triumph, getting some of their crap past a napping editor, the petty, vindictive attitude, and menacing rhetoric of deniers stands out. Who dared to question the great and powerful Spencer! Track them down!

Apart from those that can't keep their hatred in check even when things appear to be going their way, check out the whole comment thread for many hilarious examples of premature celebration and pompous uncritical hyperbole.

No comments:

Post a Comment