Sunday, December 12, 2010

Idiot comment of the day

Lawrie Ayres says:
December 3, 2010 at 12:28 am
There have been suggestions from Cancun that we humans could consider carbon rationing, the introduction of wide spread diseases and mass suicide to protect the planet. While I wait for those making the recommendations to go first so we can see if their proposals are effective I suppose turning the Sahara into a giant PV is less threatening.

I missed out on an university education and so have had to live a reasonably sucessful life using common sense and observation. At no time have I realised that my very existence was causing such heartache to the learned. OTOH we could just ignore their ramblings as they cry for relevance.


They're really off somewhere in their own world, aren't they? I must have missed the exhortations to mass suicide and biological warfare at the otherwise tepid international conference at Cancun. But what really puts Lawrie over the top is the follow-on self-description: "I missed out on an university education and so have had to live a reasonably sucessful life using common sense and observation." Time for some remedial education.

1 comment: